These are the internal web pages for the integration of the VIC and BIOME-BGC models for improved large-scale simulations of energy, hydrologic and
Actions/questions/things to be confirmed
The integration consists of three levels to be carried out in sequence (levels 1 and 2 to be dependent on the results of the previous levels):
- 0. Evaluate the evolution of state variables and fluxes when run with the same forcings, over multiple seasonal cycles, for both models.
- 1. Demonstrate improvements in coupled predictions of C, E and Q that could result from model linkage. Explore the biggest payoff/sensitivity in model linkage.
- 2. A number of issues:
- Simple exchange via input/output (e.g., transfer LAI from BGC to VIC, VIC soil T to BGC)
- Iteration via multiple transfers (at each time step or via multiple runs??) - should work for non-prognostic variables
- Use prognostic variable(s) from Model A as "observations" to be assimilated into Model B
- Evaluate sensitivities to step change, e.g., changes in forcings (precip, temp, extremes, CO2)
Protocols and Experiment Plan
Sites and Data
Contact: Justin Sheffield firstname.lastname@example.org