Observations and Modeling Across Scales:
Travel informationThe symposium will be held in Princeton, NJ on the campus of Princeton University. Directions to the venues for the lectures, lunch and symposium dinner can be found below. Train station, Nassua Inn and Princeton campus directions can be found here.
Friend Center, Princeton
|Lunch, Posters and Friday Reception
Carl A. Fields Center, Princeton
Frick Chemistry Laboratory, Princeton
Princeton can be reached via four international airports. Newark Liberty international Airport is the closest and most easily accessed:
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), which is 40 miles north;
The two large airports in New York City (east of Manhattan) take substantially more time to reach by car or public transportation from Princeton. The same holds for Philadelphia airport. They are:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK);
- LaGuardia International Airport (LGA).
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), which is 55 miles south.
Train transportation from and to Newark Liberty airport:
NJ TRANSIT trains are the quickest and least expensive way to get from Newark Liberty International Airport to Princeton (via Princeton Junction)
NJ TRANSIT offers a shuttle train, known locally as the "Dinky," between campus (Princeton Station at Alexander Street) and Princeton Junction. At Princeton Junction, you may transfer to NJ TRANSIT's Northeast Corridor line northbound. Debark the train at Newark Liberty International Airport and transfer to the AirTrain monorail.
HotelsA block booking for 125 rooms at a reduced rate has been made at the Nassau Inn in downtown Princeton. This is the most convenient hotel close to the symposium venue and the only hotel in downtown Princeton. A reservation at the Nassau Inn can be made in two ways:
- Call the Nassau Inn Reservation Department at 1-800 (862)-7728 and use the Booking ID 21042
- Online at the Nassau Inn website using the following link: Hotel link. Click on “the “GROUPS” tab, and when asked for the “ATTENDEE CODE”, enter the Booking ID, which is 21042. Once you select your dates, all of the group information will be displayed.